View Single Post
Old 2024-03-12, 05:07   Link #16
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCMan5388 View Post
No replacement means no answers and no conclusion. It's irremissible.
It would be the worst possible scenario. Hope it wouldn't ever happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Ishi could write up a specific storyline that a new author has to follow with a contract specifying so. Ishi could take on a more directional position where he solely calls the shots on what is written before it gets to editors or publication.
Agree. He could act like a supervisor and give advices to new author about what he should and what he can and can't do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuanwu View Post
That specific example is not possible cause they have had proposals already.

And of course, Ishibumi wouldn't let anyone do that to his series if he's still alive. He has input and supervision of Junior DxD even if he isn't writing it. There's no reason Rippu or someone else can't write Shin DxD, Slash Dog or any other DxD novel under Ishibumi's supervision.
Yeah a choice like that would completely ruined and screw what Ishibumi did till now. I'm sure they would try to found a author that have a vision similar to the one of Ishibumi that wouldn't try to completely take the full control over the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
I want to believe no sane editor would ever allow something like that to happen, but that's why Ishibumi has to stay as a supervisor and have the final say regarding the development of the story.
I think we shouldn't be worry about this. The editor wouldn't ever let the new author got fully creativity freedom and let he to screw what Ishibumi did till now.

A completely change of the story could hated by the readers that would choice to drop the ball with the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuanwu View Post
Honestly think Ishibumi should just stick to side stories and stuff. His health is most important. How do we suppose he's going to do both Shin DxD and Slash Dog at this point? Every year, we think Shin DxD 5 is gonna come out but then it doesn't. IIRC, he hasn't even written much at all.
Indeed.

I believe he should be more focus on his health and try to writte something only when he can.

We can't go on like this forever. This year maybe would finally be able to release Shin DXD 5 but then how we should have to wait for Shin DXD 6 and the others?
Hyodou True DXD is offline   Reply With Quote