View Single Post
Old 2024-03-08, 03:03   Link #3743
LightDragonman

I know I keep harping on it, but the wasted potential of Haruto and Saki’s relationship I felt was a huge problem.

Both of them managed to grow as characters through it. Had they continued on with it, I think it would’ve made for great character development. Haruto finally sees that there’s someone who is willing to shoulder his burden and won’t punish him for being inhuman, but accepts that side of him, and he can finally stop feeling ashamed or scared of that part of him (seriously, that Tumblr post I hope is wrong, because it just makes him completely unlikeable if true). Meanwhile, Saki now finds someone who gives her unconditional kindness, is able to no longer be alone, and has something worth fighting for beyond just fame and glory.

The ingredients are all there for a compelling relationship, and yet the writers completely drop it, in favor of ones that exist solely to add more melodrama (and why on earth pairing Saki up with A-Drei is so popular amongst Japanese artists I’ll never understand).
LightDragonman is offline   Reply With Quote