View Single Post
Old 2024-03-02, 23:02   Link #101
Chosen_Hero

Man, being Japanese is like a debuff when it comes to romance in anime.

But seriously, Satou (and Hime) is in the wrong in this, first of all the Ring King situation is as it is because of his meddling and also due to Hime giving him the ring, the moment she gave him the ring she needed to understand and fully accept that doing so meant that she was going to have to share, so her being jealous every single episode any time any of the others are anywhere near close to Satou is hypocrisy on her part since she shares the blame.

Then there is Satou, his wishy-washy demeanour is an insult to the other ring princess because while they are resolving themselves to doing their duty and loving him he is just ignoring them to their faces and proclaiming that Hime is the only one that he cares about... MOTHERFUCKER, THAN WHY ACCEPT THE ROLE AT ALL IF THAT'S HOW YOU ARE GOING TO ACT? DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THAT YOUR ATTITUDE IS PUTTING AN ENTIRE WORLD IN PERIL OF BEING CONQUERED AND DESTROYED BY PURE EVIL? WHY GIVE THESE GIRLS HOPE AND MAKE THEM ACCEPT YOU AS THEIR HUSBAND IF YOU ARE JUST GOING TO BLOW THEM OFF LIKE THAT AT EVERY TURN? YOU ARE NOT ON EARTH, YOUR JAPANESE AND EARTHLING MENTALITY ISN'T GOING TO CUT IT IN THIS WORLD THAT NEEDS YOU TO PLAY YOUR ROLE AS THE RING KING TO BE SAVED, YOU ARE BEING AN UNFAIR ASSHOLE AND WE ARE SUPPOSED TO ROOT FOR YOU JUST BECAUSE "TEEHEE, I LOVE HIME THE MOST"? FUCK YOU, RIGHT NOW YOU JUST LOOK IRRESPONSIBLE AS HELL ON TOP OF BEING AN ASSHOLE THAT IS LEADING OTHER WOMEN ON AND GIVING THEM FALSE HOPE.

Damn, these kinds of protagonists really get on my nerve, just image Aragorn acting like this in the Lord of the Rings, they would have lost so hard it wouldn't have even been funny, literally no one would follow him to battle and would rather just give up on the spot because their leader isn't worth following.

Satou is either going to get someone killed or an entire city massacred if he keeps up with this because he is, somehow, still weak as fuck (even though he has most of the rings) when compared to others in his party, the power of the rings relate to his closeness to the ring princesses and seeing as he is barely trying to get close to anyone that isn't Hime it tracks that he is still this weak. Honestly, I am hoping he gets his just desserts for half-assing this much, and when it happens, he will completely have deserved it.

Sorry for the rant, I am just tired of these unheroic anime heroes that never seem to go through a proper hero's character development, which ends up making them look worse as time goes by, what's the point of a hero that doesn't make you root for him?

Last edited by Chosen_Hero; 2024-03-03 at 09:56. Reason: Spelling
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote