View Single Post
Old 2006-08-25, 08:10   Link #54
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan
Most of all I hate Zeta because I was told by at least twenty people that it was basically god's gift to the Gundam franchise and I was disappointed to find that it was anything but.
That's sort of the way I felt going in. It started well, and the middle section was downright interesting, but the end was just a mess. When I finished Zeta, I seriously wondered if I had just missed something that other people managed to get. I liked Zeta a lot more than Obi-Wan seems to have, and I tend to not pay much attention to the minor foibles of a show I like, but I still couldn't help but pick at some of the more glaring faults.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama
I said based off of not stolen verbatim. A lot of the returning characters fill similar roles to those of the returning and new characters from Zeta and MSG. Also a number of plotlines, not a lot, but a few of them feel like Zeta Gundam, so maybe more like 1/4 here and there, which amount to 13 episodes worth of content and plot.
This doesn't really sound like a case of Destiny being based off of Zeta, it sounds just like a case of frame of reference. You seem to just be over emphasizing minor similarities. The plots for the two shows are nothing like one another, and the characters are substantially different save for Stellar.

Quote:
Without, UC Gundam there would be no Seed or Seed Destiny, so I can't see how you can hate it so much. Sure it went on forever and got a bit stale at times, but without it, no AU, period, we would have an unremarkable one shot called Freedom Fighter Gunboy instead.
I'm not sure how this argument is supposed to work; liking a show doesn't mean that you can't hate its predecessors as well.

Quote:
Zeta shows its age I know and a lot of the time it feels like they just launch into battle for the sake of it every episode, but the characters had a lasting impression on me, thats why I like it.
I don't think that Zeta's age is a knock on it. Most of the people who hate older shows wouldn't watch it in the first place. Those who do, tend not to judge purely on age or appearance. If anything, they are probably more likely to give Zeta a few allowances because it's older.