View Single Post
Old 2024-01-14, 11:37   Link #71
Frontier

It's nice to see Yarandrala with Red and Rit again and to see how happy she is that the two are finally together...but she would be even happier if they moved back with her to the home of the High Elves. Though I love how Ruti said "nope" so fast, she knows what she wants and doesn't want now .

I get where Yarandrala is coming from thinking it would be safer with Elves who never betray or turn on you, especially when she's so incensed at the situation Red and Rit went through (more than they are at any rate), but the pair are happy in Zoltan right now. I mean, if you find a place where if you want to spend more time with your wife the people make a family dinner out of it, who wouldn't want to stay behind? And maybe they can sell Yarandrala on Zoltan ?

Thank you Tisse and your love of Hot Springs for finding one for the group! I definitely appreciated the view and I'm not just talking about the sunset !

Poor Red got his lady, his lady friend, and his sister walking in on him buck-naked when he's just trying to relax...or lucky Red, depending on the perspective. Also apparently Ruti rationalizes her closeness with her brother as being his "lover," which...yeah. Though at least she accepts Rit as the wife !

I see elves and dwarves not getting along is a universal truth .

These Gem Giants aren't looking so good! But that just makes it all the more sweet how Red and the gang freely give up their glass to heal them with no promise of gems in return. No wonder the Gem Giants swear eternal friendship !

On paper the Gem Giants seem like the kind of enemy in an RPG you defeat and level up/collect rare gems from, but here they're sentient, have families, and are as human as you or I. And it's nice that Ruti is gaining better perspective on things .

Welp, looks like a boss battle with a beast that hasn't been defeated in any sort of history! And the Gem Beast is so ferocious that not even Ruti's Hero strength is enough to completely topple it, and not only can it absorb and mimic the magic attacks of it's enemies but it also has so many Blessing's it's near invincible! It's even got a Meteor Shower attack !

Luckily we've got Red's potion and with some great teamwork they're able to weaken the beast enough for Ruti to end it in one punch! But what was with that writing ?

Well, Red struck out on a gem for his engagement ring, but at least Mogrim is happy and they slew a dangerous create. And Yarandrala is happy to see Red and Rit happy and that means she's going to be sticking around !

Uh oh! They're going to be investigating Zoltan after finding the airship Ruti and Tisse used! And Van is interested in going there too! I can see Esta doing her utmost to keep him away, but I don't trust Ljubo at all .