View Single Post
Old 2024-01-08, 18:05   Link #7
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
You can't hear a toast, in a manga... God damn, the sound effects

Honestly I didn't have high expectations for this when watched the PV, but episode 1 was a delight to watch. Looking forward to the rest of the show
I kinda had high expectations because I recalled Makoto Yukimura (Vinland Saga) recommending this manga. I've always wanted to read it since I see it getting updated every week on Mangaplus, but I never got around to it. The anime was the perfect opportunity, and I have to say I'm not disappointed in the least!

This show feels like a mix of Sleepy Princess and <insert popular food manga>. I was not expecting Hime (I don't know if she doesn't have a name or if it's literally her name) to be such a pushover. She gave in so damn fast

The sword providing the tsukkomi is a good move. And I can't help but wonder why she can't just grab it and escape. It wouldn't surprise me if they revealed at the end of the series that she could have escaped at any time but decided to stay for the delicious food.

The post credit scene replaying the opening battle but with Hime's thoughts was brilliant. She was never admirable

Anyway, this was super fun. Might actually be my favorite premiere this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryllharu View Post
This series is singularly sold by Shiraishi Haruka's vocal range fighting against the brilliant sound design.

I've become quite a fan of hers lately.
I couldn't quite place her voice and then I looked her up... duh! It's Asirpa-chan! I should have been able to tell.