View Single Post
Old 2023-12-20, 09:37   Link #3306
Kusaja

Given that the trailer is so short, I think the best course of action is to wait.

I'll still say one thing...it's good to see Knightmare Frames on the ground once again.

Personally speaking, I am also glad that the center of the staff's attention is trying to move on past Lelouch by now. Resurrection was already "one last adventure" for those who missed him as the protagonist and it also brought an end to all of the speculation about his fate. He's still around, technically, but more immortal than man. In a way, it's like what happened to various Greek heroes, who became gods after the end of their mortal life. Unsurprisingly, their stories tend to stop there, even if they're still technically somewhere in Mt. Olympus.

Which means there's more space to tell other stories. I liked Akito a fair amount, but I recognize that it had three main issues: awkward pacing during the second half of the OVA series, narrative restrictions caused by happening between the two already existing seasons, and the introduction of far too much under or unexplained new lore towards the end.

One way or another, I hope this Recapture project will go for a different approach. Comparatively speaking, the world after Resurrection was left wide-open. Going by the technology, I think a fair amount of time has already passed since then.
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote