View Single Post
Old 2023-12-20, 08:37   Link #3305
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Yeah...nope.
Re;surrection (which, IMHO, was unneeded aside from settling the "Lelouch survived" debate once and for) provided enough closure and had the decency of ending things there before it could charge like a bull into the realm of metaphysical/magical KMF battles (e.g. Machine gun spamming Blaze Luminous wings).
Akito had its flaws (like the whole Euro Britannia concept, for starters), but the animation quality was excellent and it provided some minor insight into what happened during the interstitial time period between CG and R2. The whole teleporting KMF, Caretaker of Spacetime and "brain raid can create Einstein-Rosen Bridges because of the way the universe exists through cross-observation by different minds" twists were iffy, though. The KMFs introduced in Akito were also already powercreeping the ones from the very beginning of R2, which I didn't like much.
Not certain what this new anime would bring; hopefully it isn't something that would make R2, Zero Requiem and Re;surrection look like they were all for nothing in the end and the world is doomed to wallow in eternal conflict fueled by supremacism and whatnot. It's also possible RotR does take place before ZR, but those new KMFs seem more modern to me than those seen in Re;surrection. Last but not least, I'm not very fond of the more colorful character designs and the MC's genki attitude.

*Presses the skip button*

Last edited by Renegade334; 2023-12-20 at 09:22.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote