View Single Post
Old 2023-12-12, 02:16   Link #4698
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Damn,,,,we are slowly dying....
To be fair, I hear that we reached the bottom line a couple years back and with the makers adding DL options and getting translated versions overseas, it has gone up
Mado Soft made 113 million yen on crowdfunding a 1-cour, 5 min anime, so we old single men with nothing to do with our money are still out there
Also I said all of these companies, but Windmill has been technically dead in 2022 and Clochette... I think was 2021? Pretty spaced out. Just that the West Coast don't really keep up with these stuff, and I had to explore the 5ch Pink boards to learn these news.

Giga is "dead", but its really just Entergram deciding not to make R18 games anymore (staff are making non-R18 stuff in place). But they are still selling non-R18 games at R18 games prices... so... not sure what they are thinking. They're selling to the non-existent "People that play gyaru games without R18 content" audience

Don't forget that compared to its golden days, not even 90% of the normal game companies are alive. We just have what we have today, with very few if any new companies being born. Just Indies at best.

Also another good news is that traitor Leaf/Aquaplus is pretty much half-dead, being so unprofitable they were sold by their parent company Tora no Ana to some Korean company that just wants their IP

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote