View Single Post
Old 2023-11-25, 20:04   Link #8
marvelB

Ah, I got so wrapped up in holiday stuff that I forgot to comment on the chapter earlier! Anyway, cool to see Dragon looking out for Kuma like that. I also liked how Oda handled Betty taking Ginny's old commander spot. It was short, but sweet. Still, I really have to wonder just how long Dragon and Vegapunk knew each other.... because we saw they were already well acquainted during that Ohara flashback. I guess they first met during Dragon's brief stint as a marine? That seems to make the most sense at this point....

Anyway, life still continues to screw over poor Kuma. Getting slandered by an asshole king (who I wouldn't be the least bit surprised is STILL alive and trying to take over Sorbet again in the present despite getting obliterated twice in a row this chapter), being forced to flee his own homeland, and volunteering to become a guinea pig for Bonney's sake. Sure, Vegapunk may have had pure intentions for the clone army, but we already know what soulless war machines they end up becoming later....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote