View Single Post
Old 2023-11-12, 12:50   Link #5
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
It's sad how the word shonen is used by people nowadays like it's a bad thing. Also, it's hard to avoid wanting fanservice when one of the main characters from Black Lagoon barely wears clothing.

If there are anime that made me cry, it's the first episode of To Your Eternity and the first episodes of Stein Gate 0 and at least the former is shonen.

What about shojo? The themes of Tokyo Babylon are pretty serious but I admit the first I read I was quite homophobic when thinking about the premise.

Trigun also started as a shonen manga but due to a change of publisher it was moved to a seinen manga demography.
Yeah, "Shounen" is more about what magazine it's published in than what age it's made for. I mean, Shinu Hodo Kimi no Shojo ga Hoshii (I Would Die to Have Your First Time) is considered "Shounen" because it was published on an online Shounen manga magazine, but it won't take you any time to realize that this should be for college students at the bare minimum, and not just because the MC is technically 30.

Either way, sorry that I can't offer much in the way of suggestions, though honestly the series I've seen among your list I wouldn't actually call "mature" so much as "edgy".
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote