View Single Post
Old 2023-11-11, 11:47   Link #96
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
so that's it?, malty managed to fool the sword hero to just... steal his equipment?

motoyasu was hilarious in this chapter.
She does what works. As I've said before, there are areas she's far from brilliant at, but there are areas where she's skilled. She absolutely sucks at making up really great lie that will stand up to scrutiny, but she's great at picking the people and timing so that her lies won't be doubted. One of her biggest problems though is she's quite shallow in her thought processes. As the queen told her (in the light novels), if she'd been even a little smarter about things she'd have stuck to the Shield, taken every effort to bear his child, and used the political power and influence she'd thus gain over Siltvelt to leverage greater power in Melromarc. Instead she figured she'd go with what would give her the most immediate gain and be easiest to fool: the flashy, overly-trusting Spear. And similarly now, rather than actually try to build Ren up and make him into an actually powerful pawn, she just robs him and leaves, and I'm sure tries to find Itsuki and once more use the exact same line that'd worked before.

And yeah, I myself wondered whether that light around Motoyasu's spear was supposed to indicate that he too had awakened the Curse series. If so they must've fixed it up a bit since,
Spoiler for from what I've read:
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote