View Single Post
Old 2023-10-31, 05:13   Link #79
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Missing potential. You see nuggets of greatness buried beneath the slag. Just enough to keep you invested.

And honestly, I'm more amazed you're expecting subtlety from antagonists here. Even the ones who are supposed to be smart come off as mustache-twirlingly evil. She dropped all hints of competency after the first episode, and its only the fact that everyone who isn't on Naofumi's side seems to have been written to ignore it and no one who can see past it bothered to lock her up (or seems willing to kill her like they should) that she's even capable of causing them problems to the point.
When I read the scene in the LN it came across as a bit more nuanced. It's really a lot about both line delivery and body language. The lines themselves aren't the absolute worst.

Incidentally, the other thing is also a bit of a fuck up from the anime. In the LN, Naofumi was the one who wanted to go through with the execution, but it was the queen who begged him to consider an alternative punishment.

The slave seal was supposed to keep her in check, but apparently it has been removed somehow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
And to think I thought Ren was the smart one of the Three Stooges...
Trust me, even with what's happening here, he still is.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote