View Single Post
Old 2023-10-27, 11:08   Link #64
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Another day, another repeat of the same old discussion. People apparently never get tired of saying the same things over and over. Like we're three seasons in, is there a reason people just haven't dropped this show yet? (I'm legit curious, what force is drawing people back to the episode every week, is there still something you enjoy about it? Is it sunk cost? Is it boredom?)

I wasn't fond of how they handled the scene with Bitch and Ren. Bitch was so mustache twirlingly evil it made Ren look like a buffoon for falling for it. Would've preferred if she came across as more competent so that it seemed more that Ren was just not thinking straight, rather than being a complete idiot.

And then the Spear Hero arc... I do not dislike it, I think it is amusing. I just don't think I'm ready to see this roller coaster ride animated.
Missing potential. You see nuggets of greatness buried beneath the slag. Just enough to keep you invested.

And honestly, I'm more amazed you're expecting subtlety from antagonists here. Even the ones who are supposed to be smart come off as mustache-twirlingly evil. She dropped all hints of competency after the first episode, and its only the fact that everyone who isn't on Naofumi's side seems to have been written to ignore it and no one who can see past it bothered to lock her up (or seems willing to kill her like they should) that she's even capable of causing them problems to the point.

Last edited by Twi; 2023-10-27 at 11:30.
Twi is offline   Reply With Quote