View Single Post
Old 2023-10-21, 18:03   Link #34
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Rising of the Shield Hero season 3. First Thoughts

The Dark Coliseum
Running out of gas and novelty with each passing season of the Shield Hero, and it doesn't come as a surprise to me given the treatment done to the previous season.

With that out of the way, we're now entered into the third season, and the current arc involves Naofumi's party visiting Zeltoble to get any leads on the purchased demi-humans from Raphtalia's village.

The underground colisseum is not out of the ordinary for Naofumi to handle once he witnesses the matches in order to get the rundown on the rules and the mechanics involving the battles and bets, and I do not forget to get himself a sponsor for his battle team.

Nadia
She is definite powerhouse to deliver such a hard time to Naofumi's team, but we are all glad the she and Raphtalia were previously acquainted, and her goals aligned with Naofumi's to buy back the Lurolona demi-humans.

Nadia's sponsor like the crooked pigs hates losing money so he deals every dirty trick to invalidate Naofumi's team from winning the championship. Hence, Naofumi's team & Nadia were pitted against the Murder Clown.
Nevertheless, the team won thanks to Nadia and Naofumi casting the Choral spell on Raphtalia in order to boost the latter's power.

Raph-chan thought she had Murder Clown on the leash, but the assassin easily escaped warning before leaving that Naofumi's team needs to seriously bulk-up to prepare for the enemies that will get in their way in the future.

Sponsor-kun again tries to interfere to invalidate Naofumi's team results, but he's shot down by the slave and shop merchants the latter owns the store with the most presence in the city.
I mean it is in times like these that Naofumi should be grateful of his reputation as the Shield Hero, because his name in and on itself has become a famous brand for the people, and a brand that both merchants will make use the most to keep on earning their profits.

Now, the focus on this arc is shifting next episode to the demi-human Fohl and his sister Alto whom is gravely sick.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote