View Single Post
Old 2023-10-20, 09:03   Link #27
Frontier

There is nothing good about kids in cages, but it's the only life Fohl and his injured sister Atla (voiced by Konomi Kohara!) know as he throws fights to make money for them and Atla's treatment. It's not a pleasant sight .

Fake slaves!? What's the idea? Winning over the Shield Hero and getting the perks of living with him or joining his Harem? Either way the slave merchant makes money. Sometimes I just wish Naofumi would punch that dude .

Having a White Tiger join the party seems like a great idea with his potential for strong stats and high level cap, especially so when he'll do anything to help his sister and Naofumi has just the elixir needed to help heal her. And thus Fohl and Atla join the group .

Naofumi accomplished a lot on this trip. Brought back a lot of slave kids, reunited them with their families, and even found a Killer Whale Waifu who is all over him! Brings out more of Raphtalia's aggressive side, too !

I love the idea of mom and dad Melty and Naofumi trying to keep the village afloat economically. And Sadeena trying to get Naofumi to unwind by drinking with her because liquor is literally water to her .

That was a really sweet scene of Atla ditching her bandages and learning to stand on her own two feet again with her brother .

I guess Naofumi was right to be worried about someone attacking the village when bandits show up and use a hostage to keep the kids from fighting back. Turns out it's the same bandits that attacked the village the first time and sold Raphtalia into slavery. Now they're back for round two !

I thought Fohl would fend them off, but he was at least able to signal Naofumi who showed up in record time with his gang. And they make short work of the bandits. Rishia even beat one dude! What a huge accomplishment !

Wow, Naofumi was straight up going to execute the bandit leader. Eclair was also totally cool with that when she rode in until she realized he had noble ties and there'd be too much political fallback if they summarily executed him. But selling him and his gang into slavery in a nation that worships the Shield Hero feels like a just punishment and probably the first time slavery has genuinely been a good thing in this show .

What is the Trash ex-King doing reacting to Atla like that? Sounds like he had a pretty long backstory as the Staff Hero doing all he could for his sister. Could Fohl and Atla be related to his sister since she was held in Sitvelt before he defeated the king in vengeance ?

They found Motoyasu? Really? Are we sure that's a good thing? I mean...it's Motoyasu .