View Single Post
Old 2023-10-18, 16:20   Link #12
marvelB

BTW, I didn't have time to bring it up in the last chapter thread, but I freaking love Saturn's hybrid form. He really does look like a mysterious, intimidating threat. Really interested in learning how those demonic powers of his work, as well....

....And while we're on the subject of Saturn, what stood out to me most this chapter is the fact that his past self from the flashback literally looks no different from his present self..... which I feel reinforces the theory that all 5 elders, not just Imu, are "immortal". Plus, the fact that it's taboo for lower-ranking marines to gaze directly at him (with one of the grunts even commenting that he only ever saw a picture of Saturn in portraits) definitely seems to imply that the elders have very limited public exposure..... which would definitely explain how they could have maintained their cover if they've truly been ruling the WG for several centuries. I mean, keeping the masses deaf, blind, and dumb as to the identity of their overseers would definitely prevent any potential troublemakers from questioning how the same group of people could have maintained power for so long......

Oh, and on another note, I'm already seeing people jumping to the conclusion that Ginny may be Luffy's mother. Personally, I find that kind of a big stretch (er, no pun intended ) since I don't really see much of a resemblance aside from her munching on a hunk of meat.... which isn't a trait exclusive to Luffy, anyway. If anything, she'll probably turn out to be Bonney's mother. I mean, does she not also have a voracious appetite?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote