View Single Post
Old 2006-08-24, 10:27   Link #48
LostBlue
祭囃子

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshualimm
Have just watched episode 21... and Ouch! Poor Satoko!

Spoiler for dunno how much of this is considered spoiler, but anyway::

Amazing episode. Also, call me crazy, but I don't find the distorted faces too distracting. In fact, I'd like to think that all those weird faces reflect just how twisted the story is turning into. As more and more violence is shown, the more the characters' faces distort.

Sigh.. I've got to really start learning Japanese.
I still haven't seen the EP so I have no idea how bloody the anime portrayed it but in the Sound Novel it was extremely gruesome. I remember reading Shion pounding that knife repeatively even after Satoko's bones were showing. What moved me so much is Satoko didn't cry... deeply sadden that they left out Satoko's last words tho...

As for "血がない," that was a mistake by the WinD TL at the time. Shion was saying "違いない" as in "It has to be Satoko. There's no mistake about it, there's no mistake about it <repeats>"

I'm tempted to TL the Shion's monologues for this EP (during the confession, & K1's torture) to serve it justice since I'll already doing the doll scene in the TIP section. It might take me awhile since I have serveral other things to TL but *sigh* I need closure to this disappointment.

Anywho, moving on...
The next arc, Tsumihoroboshi Hen!!!
Rena...
And this is the arc why Keiichi becomes my favorite character ^^
かっこい~いよ! 圭ちゃん

Look forward to the return of the Bat and the Hatchet/Machete!
IMO In the Higurashi series, this could have turned out as the WORST possible scenerio for all the character to encounter.

how DEEN is going to pull this off in 5 EPs is something I don't want to think about

Forewarning: The last anime chapter Tsumihoroboshi Hen will not solve the entire mystery. The following chapter Minagoroshi Hen does which will not be animated unfortunately. [/end warning]