View Single Post
Old 2023-10-11, 13:23   Link #7
Jmariofan7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard07 View Post
Given the spoilers, it seems we will finally have more information about Kuma, as well as about Garling (and maybe about his family), and about the island of God Valley I assumed it was in Grand Line/New World (my mistake), the bad thing is that there is no chapter next week, but hey, Oda will have his reasons, let's wait for more spoilers!.
Oda’s reasons are that it takes six-nine months for an eye surgery to fully restore your eyesight. Look it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
With everything we have going on now, and ESPECIALLY these most recent chapters, I'm starting to wonder if Oda has what I call Kingdom Hearts syndrome.

Short Version, if you're not familiar with the Kingdom Hearts games: it took YEARS for Kingdom Hearts 3 to be released after 1 and 2 were other pretty close... because Nomura (I think he was the one in charge of the franchise) realized/ wanted to tell all the little details and backstories of characters that never showed up in KH 1 &2, but would have a major impact on 3. So instead of the main title 3, we got a bunch of various side games explaining the lore for about a decade.

I feel like Oda is doing the same thing: he's got so much lore and ground to cover (Void Century, God Valley, Celestial Dragons, Imu, the Giant races... the list goes on and I think you get the idea) thaat it feels like he's dragging the story at this point to try to balance both present-day events and all the One Piece lore. I will first fully say that I tend to binge chapters... and at this point, I'd rather they just conclude present-day business at Egghead, and THEN go full HxH infodump mode so we can finally get some damn answers to all these things Oda's been teasing for years.

Then again, I feel like Oda is also just barely coming up with the ideas and hasn't fleshed out as much of the lore as we'd all like to think...
Or maybe he has and you are just being contrarian. And technically, the reason we are getting this flashback now as opposed to after egghead is because Bonny literally just saw Kuma’s memories a little while ago, which as we are now seeing, heavily involved the God’s Valley incident.
Jmariofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote