View Single Post
Old 2023-10-06, 09:31   Link #4
Frontier

Shield Hero returns with a third season and a new MADkid OP! I feel like this is definitely an improvement from the season 2 OP with some beautiful animation and plenty of action as we get Naofumi's journey along with his companions and Melty, Eclair, new waifu's, blind martial arts, Naofumi helping girls through their emotional trauma, the Three Stooges' backstories, Bitch preying on Itsuki, and even more danger .

They managed to stop Kyo and prevent the Phoenix Guardian Beast from awakening too soon, but political tensions are mounting and the good ol' Three Stooges have gone awol. As has Bitch, which is probably even more concerning. But right now Naofumi's main priority is building up his village and getting people from Raphtalia's village back .

Melty! I missed her. Even if this seems like the most screentime she'll get for a while .

I love how the queen still doesn't immediately call her daughter a "bitch" but corrects herself. Also scum is the staff vassal hero? No wonder this country's been so screwed .

Poor Raphtalia thought Naofumi was complimenting her appearance but he just cared about the stats of her outfit. At least she enjoys how chummy he and the blacksmith are with each other .

I wish Naofumi didn't have to keep doing business with the slave merchant, but I guess it's good to know that the rest of Raphtalia's village has been sold off and Naofumi frees the rest of the slaves .

You're telling me that the slave merchant is basically just Officer Jenny/Nurse Joy from Pokemon ?

That's kind of rough that now they're using Naofumi's quest to buy certain slaves as a marketing gimmick to sell more slaves. And now he needs money just to buy the ones he needs. Guess that's a good excuse to get involved in an underground fight club .

An Ami Koshimizu waifu in a provocative outfit with underboob? You've sold me again, show .

This Fohl kid looks pretty strong and agile for his age! Even if he's stuck throwing fights .

What stellar "acting" from Naofumi's team. Even Filo is kind of thrown off by it .