View Single Post
Old 2023-10-05, 01:02   Link #2426
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It's such a shame the anime seems to have been completely abandoned. One of my favorite franchise of all time.
Honestly, until now I had thought the series had concluded, because the whole arc was very heavily pitched as the finale. (Even the novel was sold as a "Final Season" set.) Shows how much I knew -- there's been 11 more novels since with a 12th to come.

Besides the anime, I wonder if someone will license and translate the rest of the novels? The titles sound interesting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Honestly, I'm scared to check Nise after hearing of the toothbrush
I feel like you have to watch it just to appreciate the sheer absurdity of taking a concept to max possible extreme. The presentation, music, and everything is just so unbelievably over the top that it's both very uncomfortable to watch and also absolutely hilarious. It's one of those "that actually happened" anime hall of fame moments for me, along with (for example) the fact that each episode of Endless Eight was individually, separately animated and not just repeated. When someone asks "why?" and the answer is "because we can."