View Single Post
Old 2023-10-01, 03:23   Link #12768
anime2004

Sorry to hear it didn't turn out to be found in Remote. You may not need to review all things so quickly but continue to take suggestions and then compare and prioritize any checking. Since it is only one obscured page and is small/blurry, unless it's a famous scene set in readers memory for that specific manga (even if not a well known title) or unless someone recently saw the exact character, it may take some time to see which suggestions come up for consideration. I'd continue to collect suggestions and then see what else may seem close enough to check.

Regarding these:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaoriShun View Post
Furthermore, he created the Akihabara page of the research diary (the page where those manga panels appeared) in October 2006, so the manga whose panels he used was published in a magazine issue published around October 2006.
Quote:
Even though this article was published in 2007 the actual research diary was created from October to November 2006.
  • Was there specific evidence on the date range in the article (about the 'diary')? I see the blurry page titles of Day 1 xx October 200x and am not sure if they are 2004 or 2006. While 2004 may not make sense, it looked like at least two random sources noting a 3 week trip to China and Japan in 2003 as well.
  • I'm not sure if it was taken from a magazine or a tankoubon/mook, but I'm guessing magazine. (Unsure about size)
  • There is a chance it comes from an older magazine/mook but acquired in 2006 (further back from the 2003 trip?)
It's good to narrow it to 2006/2003 to see if something comes up first, but there could be a chance it's older (just not newer). May be good to stick to 2006 if the Akihabara page is labeled anywhere with a date or the others that are blurry are indeed 2006 and not just a book put together after/during the 2006 trip but later containing some things from the 2003 trip.I'll try to stick to 2006.

The full text from the article may be helpful, or at least the part(s) referring to the "diary". I'm wondering what specific terms it was referred to as in Japanese text (and other details) as others discussing the article online/elsewhere may use those.It seems that there is an vogue interview with Galliano about the 2006 trip where he refers to it as a "scrapbook" in responses multiple times, but this could just be a translation if it was not conducted in english. It might help with searches. (prior to finding that, "travel log" and "journal" did not turn up much more as you've probably also found)

Other thoughts that are less likely to be it (but more about style): I don't think that it is Gantz (graphic violence/etc) but Oku Hiroya has some females with the eyes that are wider apart while small; (later characters in Gantz; but usually the hair is flat and black matte, maybe some screen tone but not quite like the "I`s" like hair if comparing to that; also puffs the cheeks a bit and tapers in to the chin, but some 3/4 angles or characters/shots may not have the tapering). For that artist there was "Me-Teru no Kimochi" (ecchi/mature) (め~てるの気持ち) in 2006, with a male that shaves his head and it grows back in short for a while, but I'm pretty sure that that is not it. Just noting someone with maybe a similar style or at least with the farther apart and smaller eyes on females. There is also an adult-only artist (Haruki) that has a couple character with "similar" hair style to the "I`s" example (and the smaller wider spaced eyes), but has more pointed nose contours and again I don't think that's a match here for something picked up around 2006.

Regarding the Maid photo (in case you've not gotten this info yet):
TL;DR…
@home maid cafe outfit (links, ex. photo, article)
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
That one is a bit off-topic (and wasn't requested here) but I figured I'd note it since my friends have been to @home cafe so it looked familiar and some quick searching turned up some things (and the article).

I'll keep it in mind and if something maybe worth noting comes up I'll let you know.

Last edited by anime2004; 2023-10-01 at 03:30. Reason: edit: their/there typo
anime2004 is offline   Reply With Quote