View Single Post
Old 2023-09-28, 17:08   Link #5
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm finding it okay, but that's probably because I haven't watched any of the animated series. I'm sure a lot of scenes hit different if you have. I only picked it up because people were praising episode 5, hadn't planned on watching it before that. Speaking of which, they actually de-aged Anakin in the flashbacks, it was so jarring to see him looking old during his training in Obi-wan.

I think I'm doing a good job following the story. The only thing confusing me a little is why Thrawn has everyone shitting their pants at the prospect of his return. Then again, given how easily the New Republic seems to have fallen in the Sequels, they should be scared of everyone. Feels like they did a pretty terrible job creating a defense force.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I rank it as middling in the Disney-Filoni SW catalog, but it has its moments. For me Ray Stevenon pretty much makes the show - he was acting rings around everybody else. What a terrible shame to lose him at such a young age.

Now that they’ve added Thrawn to the mix, they have no excuses not to kick ass. He’s one of the most beloved characters in the extended mythology for a reason.
Oh man, I had no idea Ray Stevenon was dead. I first discovered him in Rome and was pretty happy when I realized he was playing Baylan (took me a while to recognize him). Another actor taken away too soon... feels like it's happened more often these past couple years