View Single Post
Old 2023-09-20, 23:32   Link #190
carmolita

It's more about self-discovery and their journey to marriage. The anime did leave some things out and there are some anime-only scenes. The book is much more dramatic. For example in the novel she was beaten up much worse when they kidnapped her and the anime didn't show it but IIRC when Kiyoka went to rescue Miyo he said to her father, you sent Miyo to me to protect her didn't you, you really do care about her, her dad was like nope ...he really wanted nothing to do with her. It doesn't tell you in the anime but Kiyoka was by her side for 3 days taking care of her injuries when that happened, because she didn't wake up which is why he looked exhausted not to mention he was by her side every night guiding her out of those nightmares. He didn't take her to the usubas when she collapsed, they went the next day and it was his indifference to her that day that pushed her over the edge to not care because they didn't discuss anything. I knew their was going to be a season 2 the moment kiyoka started talking about her meeting his father. Most likely it will begin with that party she's at, their is an important secret reason why they are there that she doesn't know about and you will see a change of location from their house. --This is one of my favorite novel series and it's always a joy to see it animated. We will see plenty of Arata he has his role to play
carmolita is offline   Reply With Quote