View Single Post
Old 2023-09-17, 16:45   Link #45
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

S1 = 7.5/10

The Good:
  • Main protags casting (Iņaki, Mackenyu, Emily, Jacob & Taz). They nailed it. And major props to Jeff Ward who went all-out portraying Buggy and it paid off. And another props for McKinley Belcher III (Arlong), Steven John Ward (Mihawk), Morgan Davies (Koby) & Vincent Regan (Garp) for doing their own version of the characters so well. I didn't know I needed a Welsh Garp but here we are. Also, Peter Gadiot (Shanks) felt like Ryan Gosling's (Ken from Barbie) younger brother.
  • Production value is great. The sets are on point most of the time. The costumes & appearance mostly fit the characters and the VFX is pretty good.
  • Fight choreography is good for the most part.
  • Music is good.

The Bad:
  • Whoever played Alvida was so bad. I encourage them to recast the shit outta her.
  • Some of the fights are a bit slow considering we live in a world post The Matrix, The Raid, IP Man, John Wick and even Shang Chi. Zoro vs Mr. 7 felt like a LARP fight. Some parts of the fights in Morgan's base, vs Kuro & vs Arlong also felt rather lame.
  • Usopp's arc felt dragged out while Sanji's arc felt rushed. They really could use some rearrangment there.

The Ugly:
  • The way Luffy shout after putting his straw hat on Nami was so cringe I actually covered my face. That's the part that they could've just left on the cutting-room floor.