View Single Post
Old 2023-08-09, 19:10   Link #100
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Whelp that was a nice ending for this series. Had all the emotional components that all great series had at their end. Miyo being around the people who greatly care about her is the best ending for this series, and I will eagerly await the next season /s .

Seriously though, that was an episode =03. Would have made for a great season ender.

First off, I was really impressed with the supernatural effects. The show already looked pretty, but when I started this series, I wouldn't have expected a battle, let alone a battle animated at this caliber. There were a few obvious shortcuts, like repeat frames with the wind, but not excessively so; only when convenient. I particularly enjoyed the way the lightning was animated. Real flashy stuff.

Second, I'm really glad Miyo hung in there and resisted to the end. She obviously doesn't have any combat abilities or even basic strength to resist dandies like Kaya and her mother. However, she at least stood firm that she does love Kiyoka, and that no matter what happened, she would never renounce that love. It would have been a figurative slap to Kiyoka's face if she did.

I loved the way Kiyoka put Kaya in her place. Basically had a

moment. Twas glorious. Though I also agree with HandofFate in that it would have been even better if Kaya and her mom got that bolt to the breast instead of just a figurative slap to the face, but I'll take what I can get .

With that good stuff out of the way, I have to say the whole supernatural concepts, as well as the hierarchy of families not being fully explained(at least not yet) makes things a bit confusing to me. The Kudo household seems to be very powerful, but I can't tell if they are being looked down upon or are they revered for their strength. Also, it seems a bit much the main commander of the supernatural force can just cause such a commotion(albeit granted due to circumstance) and not have political ramifications. Especially if both the Taishushi and Saimori family are prominent members of the supernatural community, which I would assume they are given their housing(though even this is difficult to tell as we don't really get too many scenes of the city or people's housing within it). Does Kiyoka just get to do what he wants, with no backlash? Do the other families have that same privilege? It feels like there's this large interesting world, but most of the events happen in the households or the supernatural force base. Sure there were a few moments of outside events going on(date into the city, shopping w/Yurie), but it hardly paints the picture of what kind of world this really is. Not that I'm really complaining mind you, as I am enjoying the story. Its just that I'd like to know how the world works a little more so that the significance of events, esp major ones, are properly defined in regards to the scope they will have in the story.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote