View Single Post
Old 2023-08-09, 10:00   Link #94
Frontier

It's bad enough that Miyo's been kidnapped, but she has to be stuck with the two people who hate her the most, her step-mother and Kaya? Can this girl never catch a break .

I do find it kind of funny they thought it was a good idea to stash a kidnapped fiance to a high-ranking military official in the Saimori household as if that totally wouldn't blow up in their faces. It didn't even seem like Miyo's dad was in on the kidnapping plot at all, but it blew up in his face all the same. I call that karma .

They can abuse, threaten, and demean Miyo all they want now...this time she's not going to give in to them. She's finally found happiness, she's finally found someone who believes in and cherishes her, and she's not about to throw that away for the sake of two irrational and spiteful women no matter what they do to her. You tell 'em Miyo !

Well, the Saimori's will need to get a new door. And entire compound. Kiyoka was acting so stoic and reasonable up until something got in his way and then the lightning came out .

The two evil dads team-up to try and take Kiyoka down, which goes about as well for them as you'd expect. I imagine the old farts aren't weak when it comes to their powers which makes it all the more impressive that Kiyoka just shrugged off everything they threw at him and hit them with some divine electricity .

Jeez, Tatsuishi just does not know when to give up. And he got the Saimori household burned to the ground in the process and a Kirin for his trouble. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy and family .

Miyo's step-mother has now basically lost everything she took pride in and Kaya is still acting like she's completely blameless because it's just not right that her sister should be happy or should have something that she can't. But Kiyoka has no time to coddle such vain and arrogant woman and tells her to her face how terrible she is and just takes Miyo away. Koji only ever bothers to save her because of Miyo. She was completely upstaged by her sister in every way that counts .

Is that Noriko Hidaka as Miyo's mother? Miyo is practically the spitting image of her. And considering her mothers' words...it seems like Miyo DOES have powers, she just hasn't tapped into them yet. Which makes me wonder what she can do .

So it wasn't just Tatsuishi who was after Miyo, it seems like someone really high up (not the Emperor?) is after her bloodline and wants to take Kiyoka out too. Guess the trouble isn't completely over for this couple .

But for now they're back home, Miyo is safe, and she's able to stop blaming herself and be happy that she's at a home that welcomes her with the man she loves, and that's enough .