View Single Post
Old 2023-08-03, 15:27   Link #85
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
I'm not quite sure how I felt about this episode. I'm definitely not as positive about it as the others.

So for the second episode in a row...Miyo is allowed to be in clear danger again. If it was clear the amulet was so important:

1. Why wasn't Yurie instructed to make sure Miyo did have it?
2. Why didn't Kikoya quickly check Miyo did have it?
3. Why wouldn't Kiyoka have given Yurie more insight on what happened to Miyo while in the Saimori house after what happened in Episode 4?

This premise of having Miyo either being left alone or going somewhere she was in clear danger to, occurring two episodes in a row, feels very thin.

Kaya is getting rather one-dimensional. Really wouldn't surprise me if the Saimori household end up disowning her over what's about to happen. Tatsuishi seems more than ready to have Kaya take the fall for all of this. Which would inevitably send Kaya on a pseudo-woman pseudo-scorned rampage.

It's a bit irritating to see the supernatural aspects barely get a mention/view then suddenly matter so much this episode. Feels like a lot is being left on the table unless there's an inevitable revelation that Miyo has far more that is apparent as eluded to previously. Also, is there a particular reason using chloroform suddenly de-cloaked one of the kidnappers...That seemed very odd that capturing and trying to restrain someone didn't break it, yet that particular action did.

Koji tried to do something finally? I'll believe it when I see it. And I might start to believe in him when he finally ditches the notion that only he can save Miyo and that he is worthy of her in any way. Words and feelings mean very little - only actions do. I sincerely hope Kiyoka shows him how to man up and take responsibility next episode.
Kiyoka asked Miyo if she had it and she replied that she did, thinking she did have it. I think both Miyo and Yurie were just so excited at visiting Kiyoka at his work that they took it for granted that Miyo had the amulet.

Koji went to Kiyoka for help, I think that's a big step. He realized he was powerless to save Miyo by himself so he went to the one person who he knows can do something about it, even if it's also the person who has Miyo while he doesn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I was surprised Miyo wasn't continuously wearing the amulet around her neck ever since Kiyoka gave it to her. Isn't that the norm?

Raeliana was kidnapped as well. Seems to be a requirement of these types of shoujo romances. Happened to Shuurei in Saiunkoku Monogatari, too.
Aileen and Bakarina were also kidnapped numerous times in their shows.