View Single Post
Old 2023-07-26, 19:28   Link #72
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well I guess it confirms that the father really was just trash. Plus just fairly incompetent at the same time. They must have really bought into Kiyoka's reputation to think that he both wouldn't look into Miyo's situation or care about what had happened to her. Because clearly they never thought to hide their abuse.

I love that Kiyoka just went straight to them. He did his due diligence, made his choice regarding Miyo, and then made his move. Fair enough from someone that has that kind of authority and personality. Wouldn't be where he is if he wasn't decisive.

Must have been a painful death for Miyo's mother. Knowing that as soon as she died she'd no longer be able to protect Miyo and that her life would become pretty terrible.

At least Miyo has legit support. She'll have to build herself back up and gain confidence as she goes. But right now she's got people in her corner that are both willing to support her and able to. Obviously Koji wasn't a bad guy and did honestly care. But he didn't have the ability to save Miyo. I mean geeze, Yurie was more helpful there!

Going for Hana was legitimately a good move. If there's someone that was in a position to get through to Miyo it was her. It probably was an emotional release to know that Hana was doing ok after what happened. Plus she needed someone she felt comfortable confiding in about her insecurities.

Episode ended great. A lot of progress was made and Miyo looks ready to take some steps forward. Seems like Koji's father decided to spy from further out this time to avoid losing more of his shikigami . He can plot around all that he wants. But if he pushes his luck then you can bet Kiyoka won't be as polite as he was with Miyo's family.

Does make sense why Koji and Miyo got along though. Seems like both are the ones without power within their family and treated like they are less valuable as a result. Koji obviously wasn't raised like a slave. But getting married off to Kaya shows that to his family, being available to marry off was his only perceived value.