View Single Post
Old 2023-07-26, 18:06   Link #70
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Kiyoka is very thoughtful, reuniting Miyo with Hana. This is exactly the pick-me-up she needed after her encounter with her awful sister. She should be free from her worries now that everything's out in the open. One of the reason she couldn't say anything back to Kaya was that she's been thinking all this time Kiyoka would eventually get rid of her after learning the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
That being said, it still doesn't fully make sense, as Shinichi already promised Miyo to someone, so there was absolutely no need to try this kind of trickery. Even being directly involved, there seems to be little Kiyoka will do in this situation, so I can't imagine him doing much else if it involved two families unaffiliated with him. Initially I thought Shinichi HAD to do this in order to somehow absolve himself or his family from getting into trouble, but that isn't the case, since he was investigated anyway. And he doesn't seem spiteful, like Kaya, so I don't think he'd do that just to make Miyo suffer. The whole circumstance just seems unusual.
It's a bit weird, but I'm guessing Kiyoka had a "the family of the woman I will marry will receive a ridiculous amount of money" notice sent everywhere, and it's part of the reason he went through so many candidates. Shinichi probably figured it couldn't hurt to send Miyo there.

I'm thinking Shinichi is so greedy he's going to make the family go through with the apology, but Kiyoka asked for a sincere apology, and we all know that's never going to happen because none of those three feel any remorse for treating Miyo like crap. I'm hoping when it comes to this point he'll ask them all to dogeza in front of Miyo to humiliate them. We'll see if greed or pride will be stronger.

Right now though I'm worried about what Kouji's father has planned to take Miyo back. The title of the show is "My happy marriage" but she isn't married yet, so she could still go through plenty of painful experiences. But I'm hoping she'll be able to get through this on her own, like maybe by standing up to Kaya since she's apparently a key part of the plan.