View Single Post
Old 2023-07-26, 14:02   Link #69
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
You know, I'm glad Miyo didn't end up with Koji. I guess I can't blame the boy(yes, BOY), but seeing how he is getting pushed around with no control over his life, I see that he would have been a poor, maybe even pathetic support for Miyo, given what her life has been like. Not having the courage to stand up to these forces makes him look so bad; he wouldn't be able to protect her like she needed, esp because of how fragile she was.

I'm also surprised at the nature of powers being used, and that anyone, esp(what I assume to be) the head of a powerful supernatural family, would indirectly-directly attack the commander of the supernatural force. They haven't really delved into how powers work, and I wonder if its more like Shin Sekai Yori than traditional powers and such. Kiyoka showed some elemental stuff the 2nd/3rd ep, but Tatsuishi's origami cranes(and being invisible), and also Koji's brother zipping Koji's lips could be any number of things.

Then there's the fact that its not traceable, since powers doesn't seem limited to a small niche(like say Boku Hero powers). Pretty bold move from Tatsuishi nonetheless; it does make me wonder what his ultimate goal is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
So now Miyo remembers the marital strife with her parents over her. Sumi was desperate to get Shinichi to pay attention to and care for Miyo, but the piece of @#$% outright said he was incapable of loving her if she didn't have supernatural powers. And poor Sumi knew she wouldn't be able to protect Miyo because she knew she wasn't long for this world. I'm actually kind of surprised her parents were at least close enough to use each others' first names. Also, was Sumi insistent on something happening with Miyo getting older because she knew the Usuba family abilities unlock with maturity ?
Guess what everyone surmised was true; Shinichi was a scumbag through and through. I was giving the man a shred of doubt because the terms which he gave Miyo to Kiyoka after initially promising to give her to the other patriarch weren't clear, and thought it might be a hidden motive. But I guess he really did anticipate Kiyoka would discard her, and still fulfill the contract with Tatsuishi.

That being said, it still doesn't fully make sense, as Shinichi already promised Miyo to someone, so there was absolutely no need to try this kind of trickery. Even being directly involved, there seems to be little Kiyoka will do in this situation, so I can't imagine him doing much else if it involved two families unaffiliated with him. Initially I thought Shinichi HAD to do this in order to somehow absolve himself or his family from getting into trouble, but that isn't the case, since he was investigated anyway. And he doesn't seem spiteful, like Kaya, so I don't think he'd do that just to make Miyo suffer. The whole circumstance just seems unusual.

Quote:
I knew something was going to happen the moment Yurie left and of course Kaya shows up and treating Miyo like she's still an ant with no chance at happiness. All that progress Miyo has made gets undone because of how much trauma she still has regarding her family and how they treat her. Thankfully Yurie showed up in time to get her out of there and make Kaya realize Miyo is still with Kiyoka, but the damage was done .
Yep, the tried-and-true "leave (f)MC alone so bullies can 'randomly' pop up and bully them" trope. It was annoying to see, but most of us saw this coming since last episode, when Kaya and Koji were set to go out. It just didn't happen in the episode we expected it to (well, until this point ).

Quote:
Miyo needed a pick-me-up and having Hana come back, tell her that things turned out well for her after she left the Saimori's, and make Miyo realize how much Kiyoka cares about her was exactly what she needed .
I will admit, I got a little misty-eyed here. Sometimes when the drama is excessive, I kinda because its overdramatized to the point of comedy. This moment though was actually endearing for me. I could feel the relief knowing that someone who was important to you and was forcefully stripped from your life, enters it once again, and using that person(Hana) to reassure that you are also important to them and the people around you was a heartwarming moment. Probably the strongest point of the show thus far.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote