View Single Post
Old 2023-07-26, 10:02   Link #68
Frontier

So now Miyo remembers the marital strife with her parents over her. Sumi was desperate to get Shinichi to pay attention to and care for Miyo, but the piece of @#$% outright said he was incapable of loving her if she didn't have supernatural powers. And poor Sumi knew she wouldn't be able to protect Miyo because she knew she wasn't long for this world. I'm actually kind of surprised her parents were at least close enough to use each others' first names. Also, was Sumi insistent on something happening with Miyo getting older because she knew the Usuba family abilities unlock with maturity ?

Look at Miyo being a little more happy and assertive! Even willing to go out just to get a gift for her husband-to-be! The only thing more sweet is how concerned Kiyoka is of letting her go out without him to the point he has to give her a charm to protect her. And the look on Miyo's face when she sees how caring he is towards her is everything .

Yurie just enjoying the heck out of how in love these two are now !

Poor Koji. It's bad enough he's stuck with Kaya but his older, freewheeling and carefree, brother basically bullies him too .

I love how Kiyoka visits the Saimori's just to tell them he knows everything, doesn't care about Miyo's lack of supernatural powers, and fully intends to marry her...and they won't get a single cent from him if they don't apologize to her to her face. And he doesn't even expect them too, he's just as happy to have nothing to do with them ever again. Finally someone tells off this scummy family .

I knew something was going to happen the moment Yurie left and of course Kaya shows up and treating Miyo like she's still an ant with no chance at happiness. All that progress Miyo has made gets undone because of how much trauma she still has regarding her family and how they treat her. Thankfully Yurie showed up in time to get her out of there and make Kaya realize Miyo is still with Kiyoka, but the damage was done .

I can't wait to see Kaya's face when she realizes that handsome gentleman is her older sisters' future husband and probably hates her as much as he does her parents .

Good advice from Yurie about how much love and affection Miyo needs right now! Kiyoka didn't push too hard or didn't try to understand her circumstances, which is the most important thing .

Miyo needed a pick-me-up and having Hana come back, tell her that things turned out well for her after she left the Saimori's, and make Miyo realize how much Kiyoka cares about her was exactly what she needed .

She already figured he knew everything, but it was still a big deal for Miyo to be honest with Kiyoka and tell him the truth about her, even if it meant she would lose everything. Just as it was important for Kiyoka to tell her that he WILL marry her, and that he needs her, as the pair share a very intimate and romantic embrace. It was what both needed to hear and a big step in their relationship .

So Koji's dad is the one spying on Kiyoka, huh? Trying to figure out a way to break the couple up. And looks like he's planning to use Kaya to do it .