View Single Post
Old 2023-07-26, 00:14   Link #54
s07195
However,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Maybe they'll give it the Fruits Basket treatment.
One can only dream...

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Regarding the discussion of it being a reboot, I guess we will see. It is possible that, due to how much time has passed, they are going to start the show with a sort of prologue episode that catches people up on the story, rather than assuming that people will still remember the first two seasons, so it could be the scenes are from that. (And they're re-animating it so that it fits into the new character design look.) Or yeah, maybe they've just decided to start over. The biggest concern I would have either way is if they're going to pace the story too fast -- the first two seasons were at a very nice pace, but most LN adaptations are much more aggressive, and given how many novels there are in the backlog now, I can see the temptation for them to try to move quickly and cover as much content as possible in a sort of "digest" fashion (to try to drive people to buy the novels to get the details). Obviously it would be *nice* if they would actually faithfully adapt all the novels in full until the end, but certainly that'd be impossible at the original pacing (as that'd take like two years of episodes). So yeah, this will be a question of what compromises they make. We'll see.
Obviously in the worst case we just get the first two novels again, but even at 4 eps a volume that still only covers up to Vol 3. If this is two-cour (which I haven't heard that it is, correct me if I'm wrong) , then we'd get Vol 4 and Vol 6 adapted hopefully, finally bringing in Col. That's only if they decide not to adapt short stories from Side Colors in between T_T

Even Myuri has a voice now thanks to VR, please give Col one too...