View Single Post
Old 2023-07-19, 19:34   Link #61
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Man, this guy gets to work . Nice job digging into the Saimori family. Of course they were hardly subtle with their abuse so it probably wasn't a monumental challenge to dig up that information. Yeah, I don't think a kimono is going to heal up all those wounds. But certainly just day to day kindness should help quite a bit.

I do wonder about the shikigami. Honestly the list of suspects could be numerous if we add in anyone that might have a vendetta against him for turning down the marriages to their daughters . It could be the Saimori family not being happy about him digging into their affairs or specifically Kaya who is getting increasingly upset at everyone focusing on her sister. Or the Tatsuishi family who definitely want Kiyoka to give Miyo up.

I wonder what direction they'll go with the Usuba family. Could go the way of them being myth because they use their powers to keep themselves out of the spotlight. It'd be a bit dark. But they could go with the idea that Miyo's mother wasn't part of that family, but was married into the Saimori family because they believed she was. Then that might explain Miyo's lack of powers. Of course could also go with the idea that Miyo does have powers, but the Saimori's test couldn't detect it and they stupidly wasted her talents.

It is sad that Miyo is so terrified that she'll be abandoned again because of her lack of powers. Despite the fact that Kiyoka already knows and doesn't care. But until she gathers her courage to talk about it or he brings up knowing in conversation, that fear is just going to linger for a while longer.

Part of me thought it was possible Miyo's father was playing some big con. But honestly it makes more sense that he's just scum. Similarities to Koji in terms of situation. Having to marry someone he didn't love for family reasons and having to let go of the one he did care for. Difference of course is that circumstances (hopefully no foul play) led to him getting with the one he did love. Makes sense why he waited to do the supernatural test until Kaya was old enough. Since if they both had powers he might still be able to push Kaya if the test was done at the same time. Probably thought it was a jackpot that he could focus on Kaya and take any sort of excuse to treat his other daughter like trash.

Anyways, this episode was good. The date was really nice and Miyo is slowly building up some happiness. It's going to take a while for her to process "home" as being a place that isn't a prison.