View Single Post
Old 2023-07-17, 06:05   Link #64
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyodou True DXD View Post
Maybe it can be that they could became member of Gasper's peerage in a further future but the problem is that considering how strong they could be it wouldn't be necessary using on every of them many pieces or a mutation pieces?

Someone like Ikki Kurogane would have sense the plot of Highschool DXD cause Ikki's story remember me the one of Sairoarg.

But the problem for me in this case is this: it wouldn't be a mistake from Ishibumi using his time and energy into writing and introducing a new character when there are already too many characters and when there is already the guy in the Shooting Star team described as having a speed greater than that of a god that could be used for be Rias's Knight?
Yeah I agree that idea for Rias's knight wasn't really s good one.

To call that guy on Shooting Star's team who is really fast a character is really stretching it don't you think? He doesn't even have a name and the only impressive thing about him is that he is very fast which is basically just the most typical trait for a knight. Besides saying that he has speed faster than a god what else did he do? Did he defeat anyone from Sairaorg's team? Is he faster than Kiba, Bennia, or Nimura? Let's be honest, Shooting Star and his team are the laziest characters Ishibuni has ever put in this series and only Shooting Star can be called a character IMO. The others were just caricatures of their respective spots on his team.

I really don't see the problem in him creating new characters as long as they're useful and not just caricatures(Shooting Star's teammates), poorly-used plot devices(Valerie, Tosca, and Meredith), or stand-ins for other characters(Bova Tannin).

I just feel it's obvious that Ishibuni is going to create new characters that have unique abilities to fill out Rias' and Issei's peerages. If he had wanted certain existing characters to join Rias's and Issei's peerage he would have done so by now or created a reason for some to join(Sona becoming the head of Sitri). It's only 4 more characters although I suspect Rias's new knight and bishop will both be female and in Issei's harem.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote