View Single Post
Old 2023-07-13, 22:08   Link #45
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Just checked out the first episode and geeze this really is Cinderella. Maybe even more brutal, but I haven't actually checked out anything related to Cinderella in a while .

Maybe the person who deserves pity the most here though is Koji. Presumably from the title things are going to be just fine with Miyo. Life has been awful for her for basically the whole time, but at least she's got a bright future. What does this guy have? Getting married to an absolute jerk? Oh joy. I mean sure she's cute, but not sure that'll help here. Honestly the sister is so over the top evil I wonder what she's thinking. Yeah, she gets to mess with Miyo by marrying the guy she liked. But she does realize that she has to be married to him right? That she'll be married to a guy that doesn't give a damn about her. I guess she won't care since she'll still be well off. Plus probably thinks he's a pushover and she can basically do whatever she wants.

Will have to keep going I guess to see how episode 2 goes. Thankfully it's out so I just have to keep going .

Episode 2 wasn't bad. The supernatural side I think was shown off in some trailers so that didn't surprise me too much. Not surprising that the family thought they had a concrete reason to treat Miyo like trash. Although seems like Koji's father at least is thinking about bloodlines there. Honestly shows how short-sighted and stupid the Saimori family is. Obviously there's no justified reason for being such scum. But they are equally stupid to not at least treat Miyo well so she could be married off. Instead they turned her into a broken shell.

The step-mother being angry and probably feeling inferior to Miyo's mother is somewhat explainable. But the father is a true moron for letting things play out like that. Though it does raise the question of why he didn't follow through with the agreement to marry Miyo to that other family. Can't say whether he did it for Miyo's sake or not since we don't know anything about the other family. Heck, we don't even really know if the change was his choice. Maybe the step-mother heard all the bad rumors and sent Miyo that way to further torment her. Miyo's father doesn't seem like the type that would step up for Miyo in that situation.

Honestly I think the best bit is how Miyo's behavior actually has her husband disturbed. Obviously he's used to girls more like the sister that are there for money or prestige. But also obvious that he didn't look into the family before this point. Makes me wonder how this all came about. Doesn't seem like he proactively sought out a daughter from this family to marry and more like it was an offer that was presented to him. He knows enough to be aware that the family has supernatural powers in their bloodlines but anything more than that is going to be found out during his coming investigation.

Makes me think that sending Miyo to this marriage was to mess with her. Mostly since if anyone thought Kudou was a good guy they wouldn't want to risk him getting curious and launching an investigation like he's about to. Since once he pops open the lid the stench of the Saimori family will be impossible to hide. Seems like the story is setting up Hana to be discovered during all this and to have her gladly reveal some dirty secrets. Shouldn't be all that hard either since the eldest daughter of the family being treated like a servant would be obvious to anyone visiting.

I am looking forward to Miyo reaching the happy part of this title though . She's getting small moments, but honestly deserves to be able to just breathe and enjoy her life a bit.

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2023-07-13 at 23:34.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote