View Single Post
Old 2023-07-13, 03:05   Link #41
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I also didn't expect the supernatural elements, so it was a surprise to me. I only watched this because it was on NF.

Anyway, outside more of the same insufferable drama from Miyo's dream about the past, it was an okay episode. It was about what I expected; mostly Miyo trying to become accustomed to her husband's demeanor. What I didn't expect was the husband's reasoning for turning down all those women, although given his position, it's not exactly unsurprising.

Minor note: there's this AMSR-esque component to Miyo's voice that bothers me a bit. The voice itself is fine though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The supernatural aspect blindsided me. It made it clear Miyo's dad only cared about having an heir with powers. It seems like Miyo's mother was from a prestigious family so he most likely married her hoping to produce a strong child, he never loved her nor Miyo. He's a complete and utter asshole.
If he never loved Miyo, then why did he go out of his way to break his contract with the other guy and his household shown at the end of the episode? If she was just a tool to him, he wouldn't give her to someone who was known to reject all of their suitors, and even more, someone who could(and is) able to investigate him. Not to mention creating animosity with the guy's and his household of whom he just gave his "beloved" daughter to. Even with reason, it still doesn't discount what he has done to Miyo, but there might be a tinge of love for her somewhere deep in his heart.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote