View Single Post
Old 2023-07-05, 19:12   Link #27
Frontier

Reina Ueda plays a Cinderella story out in Taisho (?) era Japan with gorgeous visuals, atmosphere, OST, and voice acting !

It really just sucks for Miyo. She was such a cute child with a close relationship with her mother but then she dies and in comes the step-family...her father seemed to feel bad for the loss of her mother and the grief she went through, but then when the new family came in and he got a new daughter completely wrote her off or stopped caring for her. I mean, making your own daughter a servant and treating your previous marriage like old history? Come on, dude !

It's always kind of fun to watch Ayaneru be a total B-word, and Kaya is the kind of haughty and flashy girl you love to hate, although even "love" might be a stretch because the more she drives home how much she's intentionally messing with her half-sister really makes you loathe her. And Kana Ueda as her mother isn't much better .

The only salvation in Miyo's life is her budding courtship with Koji, but even that gets twisted when he gets betrothed to Kaya, yet another thing she's lost but is too numb from years of abuse to really even feel bad about. And Koji feels awful for not being able to be there for Miyo, and will probably be miserable married to Kaya .

Although interestingly his dad's idea was to betrothed her to someone related to Koji, because he acknowledged Miyo needed to get out of that house, but then she ended up betrothed to someone else. Did Kiyoka intentionally seek Miyo out for some reason ?

Yurie seems like the kind of lively and energetic woman that will brighten up the show and both her master and mistress. Plus, is that Houko Kuwashima I hear ?

Kiyoka definitely is a breathtaking beauty of a man, and voiced effectively by Kaito Ishikawa, and I'm curious if the reason he didn't want Miyo to bow her head is because he didn't want to see her treating herself like a servant or someone who needs to lower her head to her spouse ?

Last edited by Frontier; 2023-07-05 at 20:19.
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote