View Single Post
Old 2023-07-02, 11:33   Link #3
quagmire

In typical Gundam fashion, politics is dirty and all the main guys motivations are not purely evil.

Only change being Elnora's grand plan didn't involve WMD's or a heinous act of other evil dooers( Zechs/Millardo dropping Libra, Seed villains, etc). Yes Quiet Zero COULD have been used to do such things as shown at the debut by disabling the SAL fleet and then wiping it out. But that wasn't the intention of Elnora. Just use it to allow Eri to be able to move freely. The destruction would only happen with any resistance to such move vs using the destruction to lead to the antagonists end goal.

Elnora's whole speech to Mio back in Episode 17 I believe about wanting revenge was all a feint. Revenge was her cover and never apart of her actual plan vs the usual trope being vice versa( creating a world for Eri to move freely was the cover on getting revenge for 21 years ago).

Going to Unicorn god level of power also had the opposite effect. Instead of getting absorbed into the Gundam by going beyond Score 8, it just causes the Gundams and Quiet Zero to destroy themselves. Definitely a more kid friendly aspect there.

The fast pacing of the show definitely caused some issues with the 2nd cour in getting things wrapped up. I think if this was a 30 episode series they could have kept things moving, but still have a chance to wrap things up cleaner. But overall I still liked it. If this show was meant to bring in a younger audience to Gundam like AGE was supposed to do, it's a much better execution of it.

I think it is sad if what a person stated earlier that this series was meant to make up for IBO. I enjoyed IBO and still consider it one of my top Gundam series even having a sadish ending. Not every Gundam series needs to end in the typical clear Good guys win, evil loses clear victory trope. So I don't think there needs to be any making up in WFM for IBO.

I voted 7/10. I enjoyed it. It's a good series. Only thing that brings it down was the fast pace of the show brought the 2nd cour quality down. It worked in the 1st cour, but things needed to be slowed down a bit in the 2nd cour.
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote