View Single Post
Old 2023-03-25, 22:15   Link #40
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
As a non-player who knows nothing about the lore of the game, I would assume the girls simply reincarnated as normal humans in a happier time (aka modern Japan). At the very least that's my uneducated interpretation for the montage at the end.
Not sure if you've seen the prequel, where they were a bit more clear about it. While it's a fair, and possible interpretation, they do remember their sinking. - In other words, it's very likely not 1944 as the title suggests.

Reincarnation would indeed explain suited up admiral, though there are dozens of other explanations for that. - It would also be rather sad, as he is apparently no longer married to Fusou. (a detail many people overlooked)

Then again, it creates new problems, for example Yamato's height or the Assashio class girls being considered old enough to get a driving license. Though Yamato does indeed look more normal sized in the ED.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote