Thread: Crunchyroll Ooyukiumi no Kaina
View Single Post
Old 2023-03-15, 18:52   Link #32
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Man, they are doing a whole lot of nothing. It seems like a lot is happening, but its not; at least I don't feel like it is. The whole thing with reaching the king just felt unnecessarily convoluted to me =0v. They should have just focused on the war itself. The whole Ascender thing kinda felt like deus ex machina, but I know the "light" had to do something at some point, and if it were anytime to do it, it would be now. I kinda feel like the pacing of the story has slowed down, and not to its benefit. Hopefully it'll start to wrap up things soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Also will Kaina's laser at it's highest setting be what ends up saving them all ?

I like how the Builder is missing an arm and constantly has an alert about it .

"I'll kill his daughter in front of him!" Not only did he not kill Ririha, but her dad didn't even know she was there. So...pretty big failure on his part .
I thought the same about the laser at this point. When he cranked it up, I thought that it would be the end of the tool, and the casual mention of "don't use it a max power or can't use it again" in, like, ep 3, would come into play, but it seems its not its time yet. Not sure if it'll be used for the Builder, or something dealing with the Great Orbital Tree later down the road.

I wonder if the Captain intentionally had the arm removed, or was it just a coincidence? I think the fact that he can't read the symbols will play a role in the machine breaking.

Yeah that was terrible writing. Granted, he could see the aftermath because of the Ascender, but still, at the very least they could have stalled the scene to at least give the impression she was dead(obv she wouldn't die because she's fMC, but still....). Immediately showing she was okay definitely killed the impact of that almost instantly.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote