View Single Post
Old 2023-03-02, 17:34   Link #10922
Greenish Growth

I've noticed that the number of stories posted in syosetu in the real life romance category seems to be dropping. The number of rating points has dropped too so less people seem to be reading them. The very top ranked stories still get points, but the lower ranked stories have less points than they did before. Since the real life romantic category is dominated by male reader targeted stories. I wonder if the tighter sexual standard they instituted just drove a number of authors and readers away?

The stories posted in the real life romantic category of syosetu are kind of boring for me these days. They highly consist of nice romance stories without much drama. They had a lot of those before, but now it's even more imbalanced. I guess it's because they can't depict much drama when it comes sexual descriptions so most authors play it safe. Sure we still get those ridiculous "I was falsely accused so now I act like an angry jerk while everyone comes to me for some reason acting like they didn't do anything to me"

I find more interesting stories using this and searching for NTR. At least there's more interesting drama romance there:

https://webnovels.jp/

I need to search for regular romance stories, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I think I'd better do that considering how boring the syosetu real life romance category has become the last few months. Kakuyomu has better stories now.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote