View Single Post
Old 2023-02-24, 18:19   Link #8
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Around 20 hours into Ishin and I just unlocked the trooper cards. I've only used them in the tutorial session so far but it feels like they have the potential to break the game. I'll take the health increase (my bar pretty much doubled) and leave them alone unless I run into an enemy giving me serious trouble.

The game until now has been harder than any other RGG game but it's more than manageable.

Graphics are a lot worse than I expected. It doesn't look like a remake at all, it looks like a late PS3/early PS4 game... which is what the original Ishin as, wasn't it? I don't really mind but calling it a remaster would have been more appropriate.

Combat is nice but sadly nowhere near as smooth as in Lost Judgment. Ryoma has to basically stand still to change style, which doesn't make for a seamless experience.

I'm enjoying the game a lot, but I think I would have enjoyed it a lot more when it was originally released. Since then Ghost of Tsushima came and there's no beating it when it comes to samurai games.