View Single Post
Old 2023-01-11, 03:56   Link #22
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Good thing the main character is smarter than me. Would have been really tempted to say "oh so the demon lord knows how to send us home eh? Why are we on your side then?" Ok to be honest I'd totally just think it and not say it. They kidnap these people to basically draft them into their war and the only one that can get them home is the person they are supposed to kill? How well do these people think that's going to work out for them? Thankfully better than expected since those kids are really dumb and hyped up on being called heroes despite this situation being morally questionable.

I'm liking the main character for noticing how obviously shady that whole situation is and bailing on it. It'd be one thing if instead of begging for help right away they started off with apologizing for dragging innocent people into their conflict. Or if things looked horribly bad right now. But yeah, definitely a situation where bailing out is smart.

Really is like stumbling into an RPG though. Like the random nature of his ability actually needing money. Where is the stock coming from and who is getting that cash? Who knows . It somewhat makes sense that there are sales but...why are there sales in there ? Amazing how those kids didn't realize how useful that skill could be. Even if he can't beat enemies by throwing food at them...instant supplies isn't bad at all. If nothing else it makes me think of the Tales franchise. All sorts of cool buffs for cooking up meals. Some of them aren't that useful since you'd basically have to eat and immediately start fighting, but with the right food even that could work out.

I like how the hired party looked like such a classic fantasy team too. Smart move to hire them at least at the start. Having to suddenly fight weird things would have been way too much. And he wouldn't have known where to start.

Only snag for him is the giant wolf. I'm sure he'll prove more helpful than anything else. But right now that thing is a huge money sink and he doesn't have that much cash to throw around at this point.