Thread: Crunchyroll NieR: Automata Ver1.1a
View Single Post
Old 2023-01-09, 09:02   Link #47
Dextro
He Without a Title

I actually picked the game back up over the weekend to compare it myself and they did do a stellar job at it. Absolutely nailed it.

I do have to admit that me saying it felt "rushed" was a poor choice of adjective. Fast would be more like it. And, after playing the opening hours of the game, I think I can pinpoint why I felt that: it's the missing gameplay. The anime did a stellar job at showing all the set pieces but, in between 2B and 9S meeting and the big goliath fight, there are a lot of small moments while you traverse that area that weren't really replaced by much in the adaptation. That makes it a bit hard to follow where the characters are through a short bit in the middle of the episode. It's nothing major or even particularly bad, but it explains why I personally felt it moving fast. It wasn't particularly so, but I do think they could have done with an extra scene or two of just 2B running through the place to better connect both moments.

Mind, that's a very minor nitpick. Overall, outstanding work on the first episode.