View Single Post
Old 2022-12-26, 02:13   Link #95
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
On the positive side things worked out fantastically for Hakuoro . All the powers that were an utter pain and restraining him got taken and he can just live his life. His life is in great shape now . Got a lovely wife in Eruruu to actually stay with this time and can theoretically do whatever he wants. Though maybe for the best if he returns to rule over Tuskuru. It's been doing ok, but Kuon never stays around long enough to rule over anything and Oboro got saddled with the job for a long time after Hakuoro left. I feel like everyone would be pretty happy to have him back in charge honestly.

The franchise does love bittersweet endings. But this time I'm fine with it. Mostly because I have surprisingly little emotional attachment to anyone in this sequel's cast. There's some sympathy for all these girls utterly desperate to find Haku that just never will. Maybe they can also get dream sequence visits, but that seems to be the limit. It's kind of fun in a sense that they are all working hard and eager to see him, while he's totally fine hanging out in that boundary space. Taking up Hakuoro's powers and happily staying there for eternity.

I respect the girls for their amazing optimism. The guy died, reappeared, and then disappeared again. I guess pattern allows for him to randomly appear again. But they are all really confident about something that seems incredibly unlikely.

While I can't say the sequel series (both parts) was anything great, it did resolve the lingering bittersweet ending for the original series. I'm really happy for Hakuoro, Eruruu, and company. It's kind of too bad the other main cast members won't find out Hakuoro is back very quickly since they are all off on journeys or running inns in foreign countries. Kind of funny that they set up all that when those characters will immediately run back to Tuskuru when they find out .

I'll give it a 6.5/10. Mostly thanks to making me feel way better about the original series ending. Everything worked out great .