Thread: Licensed Yuru Camp△ The Movie
View Single Post
Old 2022-11-29, 23:44   Link #18
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Plus some things just felt lacking. I mean really all these characters are still single? Were they worried about harming the ticket sales by showing their lives progressing personally and not just professionally? Plus it really did feel like they were setting up something for Rin at the start, but...not really. I guess it really was just about her finding more satisfaction with her job and that was the end of it. Somehow that camp site will continue to function with most of them busy with full-time jobs. Doesn't seem like the city is hiring staff to take over now that the site is running.
The reason why the staff left Rin and the others single is to accommodate the story: if everyone had significant others and children, they wouldn't be able to commit the same amount of effort and time to the campsite project as they could have otherwise. By leaving everyone single, everyone's able to put in all of their attention to the project on the virtue that their attention doesn't need to go towards their partner or families. It would feel forced and unnatural if any hypothetical significant others had to constantly deal with things being dropped so everyone could work on this project all the time.

Further to this, leaving Rin, Nadeshiko, Chiaki, Aoi and Ena single shows that everyone is putting their careers first. When starting out, things can be tricky, so it is natural if people want to make sure their work settles down before they begin dating and considering starting a family. Being in a relationship isn't a determinant of success, either. I speak from experience: since my career hasn't exactly been smooth, I've not considered a relationship until things stablised. Balancing a relationship on the side would've been a distraction, but at the same time, not being in a relationship hasn't harmed my ability to deliver features, bug fixes and proposals.

What Rin experiences isn't too different than what I've seen when I was working with my previous positions as the sole iOS developer. Things got busy, I put in the hours, and found a way to deliver. There were times where I made mistakes, such as leaving breaking bugs in an app, and I sometimes wondered if I was cut out to be an iOS developer, but with no fewer than six apps developed and delivered to the App Store, I can speak to how difficult moments in work don't necessarily result in a job change or anything of that sort. They're just part of the learning experience, and I'm sure you've seen the same with your work.

Finally, because Chiaki had support from the Yamanashi tourism board, it's not difficult to imagine her simply asking her superiors to create a few new jobs if the site is proving successful from a financial perspective. We recall that at Lake Motosu, their staff wasn't massive, so having a few people staffing the site, plus the occasional bit of volunteering from Rin et al., would be enough to keep things going.