Thread: Licensed Yuru Camp△ The Movie
View Single Post
Old 2022-11-26, 19:42   Link #15
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Zenith View Post
It's great to see more people watch the film: this is an essential experience for all fans of Yuru Camp We're really lucky to get a third season, but given the series' popularity and the fact the manga is ongoing, it would actually be more shocking if we didn't get that third season!I was never worried about Rin's grandfather, but seeing Chikuwa slow down this much was a little saddening. I was filled with joy when he breaks out into a trot during a walk with Ena, showing he's got life in him yet. These topics were touched upon in the second season, and I felt they handled it maturely (Ena knows Chikuwa's time is limited, but this is why she'll make the most of every moment with him).

The Yuru Camp movie follows its predecessor in researching their locations. The campsite they revitalise isn't based on a real location (the actual spot is a farmer's field), but that particular onsen, Yatsugatake Honzawa Hot Spring, is very real and the highest outdoor hot springs in Japan. It's great to see this film continue to spend effort in ensuring the locations and people are plausible, and this will make the third season all the more enjoyable
I don't watch much anime movies anymore (or movies in general, really), but I would never miss a movie based on a healing/relaxing anime. The Aria movies and the Shirobako movie are pretty much the only anime movies I've watched those past two years.

I think Chikuwa's subplot hit close to home for many people. Pets are amazing (though I'm more of a cat person) but outliving creatures you've known since they were babies and have been by your side at all times for more than a decade is incredibly hard. I was also happy that they showed us he still had a bit of life in him.

I didn't know that was a real location, that's really great!