View Single Post
Old 2006-08-21, 02:59   Link #39
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Zeta's merely average to me.

It's purely my opinion, but Zeta to me is the type of series that you keep in your cupboard permanently after watching it all once. There's no watch recycling value.

The plot alone was okay, but the way it was paced with it's slightly episodic system on certain parts of the anime and the beggining and middle's choppy execution made it meh. None of the characters really appealed to me and I couldn't give a damn when most of them died. The drawing factor that makes a character interesting and makes you want to see more of them but then poof, they died seemed almost non-existent. The only character I cared about was Jerrid, Scirocco and Emma. The rest...pfft. Kamille was a decent character, but his hypocritical talk in battle pisses me off.

The romance was wtf. Anyone who thought Zeta had more than 1 or 2 decently written romance sub-plot needs to get their head checked. Even so, it's merely decent.

Zeta is okay, but there's no power behind most emotional scenes and no electric behind the characters and no awesomeness behind the super scenes (( Aside from the last episode of NT Ghost Powah, but SRW @3 potrays it a million times better than the TV series )). X, G, 0079, SEED, GSD, Turn A, V (( to some extent )), ZZ were all more entertaining than Zeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanxthre
LMMFAO, well don't forget your pitchfork OK...I hear hell's a mutha...Especially those flames called recaps.
GSD has awesome recaps. Infinitely more entertaining than any other recap episodes in any other anime. I've watched FATES, PAST and MEER like 10 times each now.

I'd rather watch GSD for eternity rather than watching Zeta. At least I can get giggles, laughter and superb comedy value out of GSD, if not a tear or a burst of emotion. I'd get nothing from Zeta, other than the last episode where I laughed at Kamille's l33t powers.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote