View Single Post
Old 2022-11-04, 08:02   Link #2886
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
This is definitely intended as it basically complete version of Gwynne setup.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Similar enough, right? No way Cygames didn't know about this. Basically nerfed Qilin to sell Qilin++, used Water as beta stage.
I doubt they will kicked either H. Florence or H. Mugen to Grand pool like S. Zooey; felt like I get the gist on how to make Fire Naru savior of Fire. LOL.

That is a fair assessment and a logical conclusion to make. Dunno what Qilin++ is though. Makes sense, however Gwen not dealing 4m damage with more echoes, then do it again next turn. Gwen limited to 3 times for the whole battle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
And I am the only one who think this is one big deal?
It let outdated raid boss die faster, which is fine by me.

And they already have the counter against burst like this in the form of the boss not dying until certain hp trigger.

So this is just an attempt of selling up speed up tools for old content to the top players.
Personally I don't mind either; means they'll take their new toys to my daily PBHL, Akasha or what-have-you, and they will burst it down in seconds instead of a minute. And I care not for GW rankings and such to a degree, but it will create a grand divide between the haves and the have-nots for sure.

There are ways to deter it. Multiple enemy Unchallenged buffs would have to be placed in every new raid, but that would be annoying. They could give an enemy the buff that caps damage after x hits. They could certainly deal with it for future content, sure, but the whole point of the Qilin restriction from earlier in the year was to stop having to worry about building a raid around a singular broken concept, and this opens that floodgate yet again. I recall there being a video of someone bursting Subaha down from 20% HP. Unchallenged didn't do any good there since it wasnt' for the whole battle. I mean, sure, if these handful of individuals happen to stroll into a Subaha I'm in and burst from 20%, that's good for the raid, but from a balance standpoint, its totally tilted completely on one side.

frubam is online now   Reply With Quote